Spirit Day Fun Continues!

 October 9 was a super fun pajama day in Sunday School class!    We enjoyed not having to get up and put on our Sunday best!   Too bad we don't have PJ day more often!!!!  😄



During our time together we reviewed all the way from Creation to Jacob and Esau!   Dr. Horn played a fun game with us to see if we remembered the details of each character's story.
Next week we move on to the story of Joseph!!!   Wow did he have some crazy times!

Our youth class worked on a mission project!   We learned about the United Methodist Committee on Relief and what missions is about.  We worked and assembled flood buckets (clean up kits).  These will be given out through the United States to hep the flood victims begin their cleanup.  Thank you to Sue Mayo and Nicci Bragg for your leadership in this project.
Pastor Nadeem blessed these buckets during the 10:00 worship hour.



As I look back at the last couple months of Sunday School, I think about all the characters that we have studied and how they have left lasting legacies.   We are reading about them and learning from their life experiences.    We are truly blessed to be able to know them through the Word.  This helps us in our own life to overcome bumps in the road.  

This past Sunday I left a little early to go to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday!!    I look at my dad and do not see "80" years old.   I just see my dad.   I see joyfulness.   I see an example of someone who loves God and all those around him.   I see a humble, loving man who is a blessing to have in my life.  His famous line is:  "God still has lots for me to do!"

Just like the characters in the bible, my dad will not always be here on the earth with me.   He will one day be with God in heaven.   I look forward to joining him one day.    It is such a comfort to know that when we study God's word and live our life showing God's love to others we will one day be with Him forever.

You are all very young...but no matter what your age, God wants us to represent Him and leave a legacy for others!    Keep shining that light Crenshaw Kids!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling all prayer warriors! As you pray today, please remember Ashleigh. Mark 11:24

“Snowbody” loves YOU like JESUS party! Isaiah 1:18. 100 plus Kids, teens and adults enjoyed June 14th fun!